Do you have the right role?
You will need to be assigned the following role(s): Operations manager
When your customer returns an item and you want to return their funds, you can process their refund via the Payments detail page of the transaction.
Search the relevant payment in the Payments list and click into the payment.
NOTE: the payment status must be Captured, Partial capture or Partial refund in order to refund.
In the top right hand corner, you will see the actions button. From the drop down, select Refund.
Enter the amount you want to refund.
You can refund a captured transaction multiple times up to the full captured amount. The initial amount displayed is the remaining refundable amount.
- Select Continue.
If you are performing a partial refund (refunded amount is less than full captured amount), then the following confirmation will be prompted.
- If you are performing a full refund (refunded amount equals the full captured amount), then the following confirmation will be prompted.
- Select Confirm refund.
- If the refund was successful, then a success message will be displayed at the top of the Payment detail page and the page will be automatically refreshed to reflect the successful refund.
The Refunded amount field will be updated to reflect the refunded amount.
The payment timeline section will have a new entry to reflect the successful refund event.
Is the Actions button unavailable, or you can’t make a refund? This can happen for one of the following reasons.
- Your user role doesn’t have refund rights. Reach out to your admin user. They can assign you the Operations manager role, which lets you make refunds.
- The payment method doesn’t support refunds.
- A refund isn’t yet possible. A payment must be Captured, Partial capture or Partial refund status before a refund is possible.
- Another user is attempting a refund on the transaction. Please check the transaction before retrying.
- The refund amount entered is invalid.
- The transaction has already been refunded up to the full captured amount.
Updated about 1 month ago